Re: [News] Microsoft Tells Developers, Not Only Manufacturers, How to Build and Design

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Tells Developers, Not Only Manufacturers, How to Build and Design
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:00:38 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:33:42 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:56:26 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Speaking of need for freedom...
>>
>> Will Zune begin instructing artists on how to compose their music?
>>

>> Microsoft Vista User Interface Guidelines Published
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "Microsoft has published the preliminary Official User Interface
>>| Guidelines for Windows Vista. Highlights include Top 12 Rules for the
>>| Windows Vista User Experience ? and the use of screenshots from Windows XP
>>| as examples of what not to do. The full guidelines are as yet incomplete,
>>| but what is there makes for interesting reading."
>> `----
>>
>> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/23/0551208&from=rss
>
> What a fucking moron you are Roy.
>
> Microsoft, as well as Apple, and many Unix vendors publish style
> guidelines.  You know, stuff like CDE and OpenLook and even KDE have design
> guidelines too.  This is what makes environments consistent.
>
> This just goes to show you have ZERO clue as to the workings of the
> computer industry, not even your little small sector of it.

Even I picked up on that one and I'm from the hardware side of the
business.

Like I have always said, Roy Schestowitz is going to have a very difficult
when he leaves the sheltered world of academia where he can sit day and
night posting articles to COLA and other places.

I just laugh when I see Linux advocates blubbering about switching entire
operations to Linux when they, the COLA Linux zealots, have no clue about
change and systems management which is a basic tenant of data center
management.

Just the fact that these people see 400+ and counting Linux distributions
as an advantage, instead of a hindrance to Linux's adoption by big
business is proof that they haven't a clue about the real world and how
big business works.

It's pretty obvious that many of the people in this group are hobbyists
and have never worked in the industry at the professional level.