Re: [News] Windows Vista - Hijackable Before It's Even Released

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 23 September 2006 08:58 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> arachnid wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, the Blue Pill works on any OS - including Linux. However,
>>> getting it to install requires that you run the installer code. So, it
>>> won't be a problem except for reckless users.

>>> Linux is getting so easy, I'm waiting for some 12-year-old to take
>>> advantage of Internet Explorer's holes to do drive-by Linux installs. :o)
>>
>> Yeah... right... IDIOT POSTER... PLONK!!!!
>
> I thought he was just joking...

Yeah. Windows has had viral installers for quite a while, as well as
agreements that made it virtually impossible to get or retain Linux
partition. Vista, for instance, will erase the MBR, making exiting Linux
partitions unreachable. It's now payback time for script kiddies. Hand over
that blue pill, matie.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
Swap:  1036184k total,   530944k used,   505240k free,    61168k cached