Re: [News] Sun Prebundles JBoss (of Red Hat)

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Friday 22 September 2006 21:25 \__
>
>> Sun bundles NetBeans and JBoss
>
> Oops.
>

> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The installer is available for Solaris, GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and
>| Windows operating systems.
>|
>| As the primary sponsor of the NetBeans open source project, Sun worked
>| with JBoss, a division of Red Hat, to create an installer that includes
>| the NetBeans IDE and the JBoss Application Server in one bundle.
> `----
>

> http://www.pcauthority.com.au/news.aspx?CIaNID=36774

The pieces are all lining up at the moment.  There was a tipping point,
I think it was sometime in late 2005 or ealier in 2006.  We've gone well
beyond that point now.  I think MS probably needed to get Vista out
before then to have any chance of playing in server space at all.  I
think that time has been and gone, now.  How long before ubuntu is
sovereign in the desktop?  Can MS release /something/ before that
happens?  How many races can Bill's boys lose?

Schshschshchsch.
		-- The Gorn, "Arena", stardate 3046.2