Re: New MS policy on Internet Windows Activation

  • Subject: Re: New MS policy on Internet Windows Activation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:09:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Friday 22 September 2006 16:06 \__

> Linonut wrote:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Gordon belched out this bit o' wisdom:
> [snip]
>> > That's going to push a lot more people to Linux, isn't it?
>> > If this is true, WHAT THE HELL DO MS THINK THEY ARE DOING?
>>
>> It's not really true.  MS has a dominant position that will be hard to
>> lose, since the majority of people cannot conceive of alternatives.
>>
>> It'll probably give Linux a 1% or 2% boost.
>
> If there is a bear in the bush, but you can't see it, then it's safe to
> go to sleep, right?
>
> You go back to sleep, I'll leave a couple of salmon in your tent, and
> if you're right,
> I'll see you tomorrow.
>
> ;-)

If the bear is dual-boot, then you can fall asleep with great comfort. Just
pretend that this bear is Bambi, so long as the forest (OEM's) suggest so.
Ignorance is bliss, but there is no bliss in the mind of the happy camper.
Hopefully, however, the camper can keep a straight face and no make any
sudden movement that rattles the tent and make an observer aware the this
blissful ignorance is unjustified. It's all just an illusion. Now go back to
sleep... if you can manage.