Re: [News] Scribus for Professional Publishing Under Linux

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:41:33 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000225
>
> Linux also boasts some of the best tools for composing books and replacing
> what is perceived as a standard/necessity, e.g. Adobe Illustrator.

Once again, I must reiterate how awful Scribus is *TO USE*.

Yes, Scribus produces good, print-ready PDFs.

Yes, Scribus can do PDF forms.

Yes, Scribus is Open Source blah blah blah.

But it is fucking impossible to use! No undo! That alone should let you
know how fucking hard it is to use. Has anyone here actually *used*
Scribus?

I do like the fact that Scribus *exists* but it is in near-alpha stage, if
you ask me.  Of course, you didn't ask me. But I offered anyways. Aren't I
nice?

--
JDS