Re: [News] GNU/Linux Plays Blu-ray and HD DVD

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:35:19 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> How-To: Play Blu-ray and HD DVD Movie Discs in Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3737/how-to_play_blu-ray
>>
>> Woooooooot!
>>
>> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Handel_-_messiah_-_44_hallelujah.ogg
>>
>> OK, so *now* I'm going to buy a Bluray drive, now that I'm free to use
>> it without prohibitive draconian restrictions.

Don't be too quick, the MPAA is already striking back.  New disks will
issued with newly encrypted title keys that cannot be unlocked by the known
one.  Of course, I imagine that a new key will be found eventually, and
then once again new disks will stop being unlocked by that new key...

WinDVD has notified users that they will need to download a new version as
their old key is being revoked.