[News] Another Look at KDE 4 and Stunning Linux Games

This Week's KDE Commit-Digest

,----[ Quote ]
| First up Bluetooth support was added to the KDE Solid api stack, as
| well as KMobileTools being ported to KDE4. It was mentioned that
| "breadcrumb navigation widget from Dolphin is made more modular to
| allow use in other KDE contexts."
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/15125

A Look At Free Quake3 Engine Based Games

,----[ Quote ]
| "As most of you probably know, id software released the Quake3 engine
| in summer 2005 under the terms of the GPL, nearly two years ago..."
`----

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/06/1638232

Related:

KDE news: Oxygen hits the streets, KDE 4 schedule discussed

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE 4 release team started a discussion about a possible
| release schedule. In the meantime, the developers added the Oxygen
| icons to kdelibs.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/03/07/kde-news-oxygen-hits-the-streets-kde-4-schedule-discussed/

KDE PIM Annual Meeting Pushes Advanced Design, Enterprise Stability

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE PIM is the Linux client for the Kolab groupware solution, and
| as such has many enterprise users who are supported by the
| companies making up the Kolab Konsortium. Due to their stability
| requirements, most commercial Kolab users are still using the
| KDE 3.3 codebase. A new enterprise branch of the KDE 3.5 PIM
| module is being created which will be used as an ultra-stable
| base for Kolab users, and so that Kolab-derived improvements
| can return to the KDE 3.5 branch.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1170027049/

KDE 4: the ultimate business desktop?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since beginning as a one-person project over ten years ago, the
| fourth generation of the K Desktop Environment (KDE) is poised to
| be the most business-friendly open source desktop to date with a
| host of new features ideal for enterprises.
|
| [...]
|
| Rodda is also bullish about KDE 4's ability to attract more commercial ISVs
| to port applications to the environment, primarily because of the
| multi-platform capability that comes with using Qt 4.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;855780098;pp;3;taxid;7

The Road to KDE 4: SVG Rendering in Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Since KDE 4 development is in full swing with plans for a KDE 4.0
| release sometime later this year, I thought I'd put together a
| weekly piece entitled The Road to KDE 4. The idea is to have a
| short overview of one or two of the features that show progress
| in KDE 4. For my first issue, the goal is to show off some of
| the great SVG work that has taken place so far.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1167723426/

Sirius Teams Up with KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Taylor, CEO, Sirius Corporation said: "KDE is a high-quality
| desktop that has always had a strong following in the Open Source
| community. By becoming a sponsor of the project, we now want to raise
| its profile in the Enterprise."
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1165921618/

[SARCASM:] The problem with Linux is, there are no games

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/04/06/the-problem-with-linux-is-there-are-no-games/
http://tinyurl.com/2mzf6l