Re: P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead

The Liar Schestowitz wrote:

> _  <snip>

http://www.paulgraham.com/cliffsnotes.html

When I wrote that Microsoft was dead, I didn't mean it literally.

So maybe I'd better explain exactly what I did mean. What I meant was not
that Microsoft is suddenly going to stop making money, but that people at
the leading edge of the software business no longer have to think about
them.

But that does at least entail some risk. If you're the first to call
something, you'd better be right. If the monster turns out not to be dead
after allâif they can somehow morph themselves into something startups
have to worry about againâI'll look like a fool. But I'm willing to take
that risk.