Re: P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead

__/ [ asjbiotek@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 08 April 2007 14:53 \__

> On Apr 7, 10:28 pm, flyer <f...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In article <1175994859.595376.166...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> asjbio...@xxxxxxxxx says...

>> > Interesting...although I would hesitate to characterize Microsoft in
>> > any way as a company in "tatters"....it simply is starting to lose its
>> > overly-dominant hold on the IT industry.
>>
>> A sellout of MS stock, more possible than is now obvious, would be
>> dramatic. Confidence in MS could shatter overnight.
>>
>> The very new factor is matured Linux. Hard migration road for sure, but
>> once people decide, they can get incredibly industrious. I can imagine
>> the developers and adopters going full bore on this.
>>
>> I suppose it could be a gradient ride, but the dissolving fear of MS, as
>> you point out, combined with loss of confidence, could bring a huge and
>> fast surprise.
>>
>> The confidence factor is many times more important than anyone realizes.
>> Without it, stock value, or any value really, does not even exist.
>>
>> One, or some set of investors could begin a sellout that could peak
>> within hours if not days. Much stranger things have happend.
>>
>> It's almost spooky, and is starting to feel like the calm before the
>> storm.
>

> Here's one Microsoft response...he obviously misses the point:
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13582

June 2006:

The Microsoft malaise

,----[ Quote ]
| "Commentary: Eight signs that the software giant is dead in the water"
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7B629B28CD-9E0E-48CA-8E8B-243AA6E2CB92%7D&dist=lycos&siteid=lycos

There's a proverb that goes: when two people say you're drunk, go to bed. In
this case, at least 3 parties, on separate occasions and independently, said
the same thing. Rumours about the death of Microsoft are /not/ greatly
exaggerated (the famous quote again).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
roy      pts/3                         Mon Apr  9 03:34 - 03:36  (00:01)