[News] Microsoft Lied -- Windows XP SP3 Will Never Come

Thurrott: Microsoft Has 'Absolutely No Plans' to Ship Windows XP SP3

,----[ Quote ]
| "If you were looking for any glimpse into the mind of Microsoft, this
| is it: the company has completely abandoned Windows XP, and it has
| absolutely no plans to ever ship an XP SP3..."
`----

http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=17648

I guess they'll argue that Vista /is/ SP3, which breaks compatibility with
hardware and software as requires hardware upgrades ('surgery'). This is
excellent news to Linux. XP is abandoned and only 12% intend to 'upgrade' to
Vista.