Re: [News] Vista Pushes More People Over the Edge... to Find GNU/Linux

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1822219.LYxbc3b2Hv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
__/ [ John Locke ] on Saturday 07 April 2007 03:44 \__

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:03:13 -0400, "amicus_curious" <ACDC@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1293307.c4n3GCYx8O@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moving to a Linux PC or a MAC has never been more attractive. Thanks
Microsoft!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has finally given people a viable reason to switch.
| Upgrade costs for the operating system, office suite, and PC
| hardware, coupled with new training costs, may just push some
| organizations over the Linux/MAC edge!
`----

That may or may not be the case, but how do you find any solace in
advocating something that people have to be driven towards by their
preferred vendors malfeasance? Linux can prevail if and only if Microsoft
screws up royally. That is a pretty poor strategy.

I would say that creating a costly,  unmaintainable rat's nest that's
infested with content delivery code and won't run legacy applications
is a  royal screw up.

amicus_curious (bill weisgerber) does not know what he is talking about
because he has no technical background and he never even _TRIED_ GNU/Linux.
Also see this E-mail from an old friend of him.

hi,

i just happened to notice that you spent some text debunking my old 'friend'
bill weisgerber last spring.

i went around with bill (& a host of other paid2post shills) on a nytimes
forum for over 3 years. despite being exposed for what/who they were/are,
they just would not quit their mindless pr firm hypenosys. at that time, the
nytimes was quite supportive of their charade. what a blight.

just anecdotal.

best regards,

<anon>

And there you have it. Yet another Munchkin gets caught. Let's not feed him.

You should hang your head in shame, Schestowitz! Is that what you call "evidence". There were a few poor advocates of Linux around there along with Professor Weisgerber apparently from ASU, IIRC, and I were among the ones debating on the side favoring Microsoft. Microsoft mostly won that case, you know, so we were correct. Like all the Linux fans, these guys, whose names I forget mostly, could not get over the idea that anyone in favor of the MS position was certainly in the pay of MS based on their fuzzy headed emotions, but no one was. If you have noticed, the fact that Microsoft was not fined or otherwise penalized for their actions was attributed to the Bush administration being in Microsoft's pocket and using the Presidential influence to somehow get judges to go along with the MS position. I thought that was so zany that I could not myself believe that anyone was enough of a paranoid to even consider such a thing, but many seemed to profess just that. They actually considered that including a browser with Windows was a more heinous crime than bribing the President, Congress, and most of the Judiciary. Talk about silly geese!

If you are so easily led that you would believe such a fool based on nothing but casual comment, you are really your own worst enemy and doomed to a life of disappointment. I guess that is punishment enough for your sins.

BTW, who is paying you for all your yeomanlike efforts?