Re: Vista? Vista? We don't need no stinkin' Vista! (not even for eye candy)

__/ [ thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 07 April 2007 06:59 \__

>>> Having tried both beryl and compiz, I can't decide which I prefer, though
>>> they're pretty close in terms of effects. How anyone can say Vista's Aero
>>> Glassis superior, I don't know.
>>
>> Beauty is in the eye of the shareholder. :-)
>
> You almost have to feel a little sorry for Microsoft.  All that
> money and time to put a new coat of paint on their OS, and it is
> blown away by a freebie app written by a bunch of open source
> hippies.  >:)
>
> Thad

It reminds me of an article.

A history of Microsoft Windows - the inside story exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| 2004: (...)
| THE MANAGEMENT: "What do you mean it still doesn't work? Try
| harder!"
|
| 2005: (...)
| "MAKE IT WORK! FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAKE IT WORK! Well, throw it away
| and use the server version then, that seems all right. Look, they
| won't know the difference, drop the database stuff, nobody remembers
| what we said in 1995 now! That was ten years ago! "Apple has what?
| 3D acceleration? So, we have DirectX. What, in the desktop? Really?
| What, even Stallman's beardie-weirdies have it? Oh hell. Right, you
|       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| lot, make it look like this!"
|
| 2006: Windows Vista
| THE MANAGEMENT: "Look, if we trickle it out to those mugs, I mean,
| valued customers who've already paid, we can say we released it this
| year and it'll buy us some more time..."
|
| 2007: No, really Windows Vista, honest
| MARKETING DEPT: "Never mind the features, look at it! Isn't it shiny?
| Yes! Pretty!"

                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
Cpu(s):  23.2% user,   5.2% system,   0.7% nice,  70.8% idle