Re: As Time Goes By, Far Fewer People Want Windows Vista

  • Subject: Re: As Time Goes By, Far Fewer People Want Windows Vista
  • From: "nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 5 Apr 2007 07:33:03 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

> We can all tell you are trying to attract new Linux users and thats fine.
> But when you refer to use as "fuckin Wintards" you're not exactly gaining
> any respect.
>
> --
> Mike
> Scottish....and proud of it

Mike---I don't see how Roy is lying in his post.  According to the
poll, the percentage of people who plan to upgrade to Vista has fallen
by about 40% since December.  Certainly many of them eventually will
upgrade to Vista, but it's also true that there are potential Linux
converts up for grabs.  I don't see that Roy said anything
unreasonable.  Roy's posts are certainly slanted, and sometimes are
open to criticism.   But he doesn't make this stuff up, and I don't
see how you could make an objective evaluation of Microsoft and their
products without taking this kind of material into account.  You'd
want to look at other souces, too, of course, but there are plenty of
those, many of them funded by Microsoft.

Personally I was prepared to believe that Vista would be a big
improvement over XP, in security, features, and user experience.  And
it does seem to be that, to a certain extent, but I've been amazed at
the number of troubles it has, too, and the unpleasantness of its DRM,
WGA, etc.  And it is certainly a resource hog.  At my local computer
store the techs are advising people not to upgrade.

I agree with you about bad manners making a poor impression.  NoStop
is very polite compared to a lot of others.  The worst is the
(anonymous) author of "Register your complaint" below, who this time
calls himself "Lintard Advocate".