[News] A Corporate Linux Perspective

The Genesis of the Linux Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation has united the Linux ecosystem with founding
| platinum members Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Intel, NEC, Novell,
| and Oracle. Other members include AMD, Cisco, Dell, EMC, Google,
| Red Hat, Sun Microsystems and more than 70 other companies, industry
| end users, universities, and community groups.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/355754_p.htm

Here is an example of a journalists whose mind is fixed on the idea that more
expensive means that something is better (even code).

It's the stack, stupid!

,----[ Quote ]
| Then a light goes on, I slap myself on the forehead, and I say to
| myself, "It's not about the operating system, it's the stack, stupid!".
`----

http://informationweek.com/software/linuxexperts/blog/archives/2007/03/its_the_stack_s.html
http://tinyurl.com/38pt8r

His last remark, regarding IP, seems to suggest that software patents
actually have validity. The remainder wrongly suggests that Microsoft gives
decent bang for the buck.