Re: [News] Queensland Will Ignore Windows Vista for At Least 3 Years?

__/ [ Erik Jan ] on Friday 20 April 2007 11:56 \__

> Roy Schestowitz had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 20-04-07 08:20:
>> __/ [ Erik ] on Thursday 19 April 2007 21:14 \__
>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Thank you for the compliment. You must be a very wise man with a lot of
>>> superior knowledge that you can look down upon other people like me and
>>> despise them.
>>>
>>> I shall certainly not revert to Windows anytime. I have tried Linux
>>> (Mandriva) and like it. I even support Mandriva and have paid more now
>>> than the price of Vista to express my satisfaction and support.

>>> Of course this is the "Linux manifesto"; once people have become
>>> familiar with the Linux way of doing things, and the security of the
>>> system, no one in his right mind will return to Windows. At least this
>>> is my firm conviction.
>>>
>>> Erik.
>>
>> Good post, Erik. You might just want to add a last name (or allter the
>> E-mail address) because the name "Erik" has a negative connotation in this
>> newsgroup (somebody else's fault).
>>

> Dear Roy,
>
> I followed your advice¸ as you see. I do not believe however that I
> shall participate in the discussions of this news group. I do not know
> much about technical matters concerning operatings systems, and dislike
> the frequency that threads end up in name calling and insults.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Erik Jan.

I agree, there are many name callings and insults, but do bear in mind that
they result from the presence of people who troll (such as Erik Funkenbush,
who has done this for many years, probably receiving payments to do so).
That is precisely why they come here -- to drive people away by insulting
not just Linux, but also the people who are interested in the broader topic
and ecosystem that's around Linux. People who promote Linux here (unlike
disruptive posters) needn't use strong language. They are here to have a
sophisticated and constructive discussion while striving to shut out those
who deliberately disrupt it. If you want a troll-free environment, there are
other places that are 'cleaner', but it would be a shame to see you leave.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
roy      pts/0                         Thu Apr 19 07:46   still logged in