Re: [News] Microsoft is Channel-stuffing XBox360s to Tweak Statistics

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 19 April 2007 08:59 \__

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-Is-Microsoft-cheating-their-sales-/pg/49/aid/89595

>>> To a great extent, the technical and business press has something of a
>>> conundrum here anyway, since they are very much reliant on sales of
>>> technology to keep themselves in business.  Whilst it is very much the
>>> purview of pundits to attempt to predict consumer shifts and technical
>>> advances, they still need to keep that advertising revenue flowing,
>>> especially at a time like the present where we are well past the linux
>>> tipping point.
>>
>> Over time, Microsoft little game got exposed. I am pleased to say that
>> along with Joe Wilcox of Microsoft Watch we were able to get the real
>> facts out. I didn't see quite the same critical interpretation of the
>> figures outside this Web site, which is being read by many.
>
> The games will surely continue, of course, but the internet has changed
> all the rules but providing channels for minutiae which otherwise would
> be ignored by the press, broadcasters, and so on.  It's so much more
> difficult to hide inappropriate behaviour now than it used to be, in
> spite of, or perhaps because of, the partially anonymous nature of the
> internet.

Indeed. The Internet may be Microsoft's worst enemies. All truth returns to
light, even 15 years later.

>> Speaking of getting the word out, I have been submitting some Comes vs.
>> Iowa memos to Digg recently. They make the front pages sometimes and other
>> Web sites and blog then spread the word further. Doug and the lawyers
>> deserve much of the credit, but PJ still thinks I should contact Conlin's
>> office to verify the authenticity of these memos.
>>

> As these memos have come from the legal papers, it seems unlikely that
> there would be anything wrong with them.  Why is PJ suggesting this, do
> you know?

They (Microsoft and/or the gang) tried this type of s*** with her.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
roy      pts/0                         Thu Apr 19 07:46   still logged in