Re: [News] British Entrepreneur Plans to Make GNU/Linux Popular in the UK

> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 16:03 \__

>>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 12:53 \__

>>> Novell has been eerily quiet recently. I hope no storm is on its way.
>>>

>> Well, presumably, since Novell customers are indemnified against
>> Microsoft patent attacks, the truetype font rendering issue is moot even
>> in the US and Australia for them?
>>
>> No doubt Microsoft are busy explaining to an increasingly frustrated
>> Novell legal team why the indemnification applies to everything /except/
>> the truetype font issue...
>
> Well, the public asks similar questions, so at least it's common knowledge
> now.
>
> BTW, more details are now available.
>
> http://news.com.com/BabelDisc+Linux+for+technophobes/2100-7344_3-6177188.html
>
> Peter Dawe will do a lightweight derivative of Ubuntu GNU/Linux. If I find
> something juicy about this, maybe I'll make a standalone post.
>
> To be nohest with you, ever since BearItAll said something about pace I have
> been worried about over-posting. It's a shame really because Linux is so
> dominant in the news these days. I want to show this without the posts
> becoming a burden. What are your thoughts on this? I would love to break the
> 40ish per day cap... would give me more room to breathe not to have a mental
> limit/bruden.

Since the material is very much on-topic and pro-charter, I can see no
particular reason why you shouldn't post any arbitrary amount of
material.  The items are clearly labelled as [News], so easy to filter
for those who do not wish to see them.  There is nothing in the cola
charter which specifies how much or little on-topic, pro-charter
material might be posted by anyone.  The group is not moderated, nor
will it ever be.  Perhaps you should try extending your personal limit
for a while and see how it goes?  As you're not publishing a newspaper,
you do not have to fill a certain amount of column-inches, so you can
have lighter and heavier days as required, anyway.