Re: [News] British Entrepreneur Plans to Make GNU/Linux Popular in the UK

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 16:03 \__

>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 12:53 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Debian-based distros are more likely to be the future to my mind.  The
>>> only thing SuSE has pole position on is some dubious deal with
>>> Microsoft, as far as I know.
>>
>> Novell has been eerily quiet recently. I hope no storm is on its way.
>>

> Well, presumably, since Novell customers are indemnified against
> Microsoft patent attacks, the truetype font rendering issue is moot even
> in the US and Australia for them?
>
> No doubt Microsoft are busy explaining to an increasingly frustrated
> Novell legal team why the indemnification applies to everything /except/
> the truetype font issue...

Well, the public asks similar questions, so at least it's common knowledge
now.

BTW, more details are now available.

http://news.com.com/BabelDisc+Linux+for+technophobes/2100-7344_3-6177188.html

Peter Dawe will do a lightweight derivative of Ubuntu GNU/Linux. If I find
something juicy about this, maybe I'll make a standalone post.

To be nohest with you, ever since BearItAll said something about pace I have
been worried about over-posting. It's a shame really because Linux is so
dominant in the news these days. I want to show this without the posts
becoming a burden. What are your thoughts on this? I would love to break the
40ish per day cap... would give me more room to breathe not to have a mental
limit/bruden.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
roy      pts/4                         Wed Apr 18 07:59 - 07:59  (00:00)