Re: Network World Writer Opines Linux Might Be the Desktop of the Future

whitemice <adamtaunowilliams@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> I think the one area which hasn't settled on a standard (like ODF, say)
>> is thegroupwarespace.  A little more standardisation work there, and
>> we will have properly scalable diarying and similar applications, and
>> life will be very very good.
>
> It is slowing coalescing around WebDAV;  see CalDAV and GroupDAV -
> http://www.groupdav.org
>
>  And for BLOGing there is ATOM (although I don't know if BLOGing is
> really "groupware").
>
> There are at least three groupware servers that support GroupDAV:
> Citadel, USA.net, and OpenGroupware - http://www.opengroupware.org
> Evolution has a GroupDAV connector and via Funambol you can sync just
> about anything to a GroupDAV server, including Outlook and mobile
> phones.

Thanks for the links - I hadn't been aware of the groupdav world, but I
shall have a plough through their pages.  I've met the funambol guys at
open-source events, their work does look good.