Re: Network World Writer Opines Linux Might Be the Desktop of the Future

  • Subject: Re: Network World Writer Opines Linux Might Be the Desktop of the Future
  • From: whitemice <adamtaunowilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 18 Apr 2007 17:01:40 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> I think the one area which hasn't settled on a standard (like ODF, say)
> is thegroupwarespace.  A little more standardisation work there, and
> we will have properly scalable diarying and similar applications, and
> life will be very very good.

It is slowing coalescing around WebDAV;  see CalDAV and GroupDAV -
http://www.groupdav.org

 And for BLOGing there is ATOM (although I don't know if BLOGing is
really "groupware").

There are at least three groupware servers that support GroupDAV:
Citadel, USA.net, and OpenGroupware - http://www.opengroupware.org
Evolution has a GroupDAV connector and via Funambol you can sync just
about anything to a GroupDAV server, including Outlook and mobile
phones.