Re: [News] Proposal Aims to Fix Broken USPTO; Microsoft Goes Abroad

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 18:22 \__

http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-6176943.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070418/tc_afp/chinausitresearchinvestcompanymicrosoftlenovo
>> http://tinyurl.com/yt6y6y
>>
>> When you can't get enough visas, move abroad.
>
> Microsoft will presumably do their linux research and development well
> out of sight of the Redmond folk...  after all, they'd leave in even
> larger numbers if they knew what was really going on...

I think that their employees can already see that there's backstabbing going
on (Intel, IBM and Novell seem to be no exception here). Their reward for
success is expansion... but elsewhere. With Free software, the rules are
very different and it could develop into a very elaborate discussion.
Developers are also location-independent. They just need a fast connection.
Take MySQL AB, which is a classic example.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
roy      pts/6                         Thu Apr 19 00:47 - 00:50  (00:03)