Re: [News] Even Microsoft Employees Cannot Use Windows Vista to Pay Tax

__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 12:29 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Why You Might Want to Wait to Upgrade to Windows Vista
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> What a stupid design. Beryl doesn't suffer this problem, but then the
>> whole X subsystem is modular, as it should be.
>
> "We want Windows Vista to be a jolting experience.  Ooops, Freudian slip
> there.  We want Windows Vista to be a WOW! experience."
>
> WOW -- Windows without Windows?
>
> I'm finding this whole Vista thing pretty difficult to believe.
>
> Microsoft would be instant dead meat if there were another company
> selling a Windows work-alike OS.

I know that some distros which use KDE with eye candy have kwin issues
(decorations). I think I once caught Pardus in a video showing this
behaviour. In any event, as I say, this caught me by surprise. It proves
that the Vista UI (front end) is semi-baked as well.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
Swap:  1036184k total,   490772k used,   545412k free,    30824k cached