Re: Office zero-day bugs spoil Patch Tuesday

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Monday 16 April 2007 17:13 \__

http://news.com.com/Office+zero-day+bugs+spoil+Patch+Tuesday/2100-1002_3-6175011.html?tag=cd.top

>>> An unsafe file extension?  Ow, my aching brain.
>>>
>>> Next thing you know they'll be claiming certain filenames are special.
>>> Oh way, they already are:  AUX, PRN, CLOCK$.
>>>
>>> (Are those fossils still around in NTFS?)
>>

>> "Microsoft has listed .hlp files as unsafe file types..."
>>
>> How about:

>>> Mmm, pr0n. :-)
>>

>> No, maybe it's a wildcard. Like making your own. DIY filetype.
>>
>> How about...
>>
>> britney-sprear-naked.jpg                           .exe
>
> I prefer the Linux virus.
>
>     Hello!  I'm a Linux OSS signature virus!  Please copy
>     me to all of your executable files then randomly delete
>     some of your pictures.  Thank you for your understanding...
>
> (from memory)

It's all about the sins of the father. They wanted to make computer easy, but
a tad /too/ easy. They /try/ to get their act together in Vista and look
what happens... only a small proportion of the games and programs out there
have survived this "Vista holocaust". Only Arian programs from Microsoft are
permitted to run in an elitist (and greedy) O/S.

http://www.aaxnet.com/editor/edit043.html

>>> BTW...someone beat you to the .xxx files.  Apparently there are
>>> several variants:
>>>
>>>     XXX       Controlware VJ400 Digital CCTV Recording
>>>     XXX       Compucon/Singer PSW Embroidery Design File
>>>     XXX       Paint Shop Photo Album Panorama (Corel Corporation)
>>>
>>> No mention of brass poles, vibrating utility units, or fishing nets.
>>> Flesh tones and interesting, um, clothing, maybe.
>>

>> Haha. You explore too much. :-)
>>

> I do not!  I'll have you know I have ... epiphanies. :-)

I have galeons.

http://internet.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/11/22/1748215&from=rss

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
roy      pts/4                         Tue Apr 17 13:53 - 13:55  (00:01)