Re: Office zero-day bugs spoil Patch Tuesday

  • Subject: Re: Office zero-day bugs spoil Patch Tuesday
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 05:07:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 13 April 2007 16:38 \__

http://news.com.com/Office+zero-day+bugs+spoil+Patch+Tuesday/2100-1002_3-6175011.html?tag=cd.top

>>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!
>
> An unsafe file extension?  Ow, my aching brain.
>
> Next thing you know they'll be claiming certain filenames are special.
> Oh way, they already are:  AUX, PRN, CLOCK$.
>
> (Are those fossils still around in NTFS?)

"Microsoft has listed .hlp files as unsafe file types..."

How about:

"Microsoft has listed Windows as unsafe operating system..."

>>> Is there any file extentsion that Windows will not execute? :)
>>
>> Say buddy, wanta *.xxx file??
>
> Mmm, pr0n. :-)

No, maybe it's a wildcard. Like making your own. DIY filetype.

How about...

britney-sprear-naked.jpg                           .exe

>> By the way, I found a nice list of file extensions that are unsafe file
>> types for all Windows operating systems and Microsoft applications:
>>
>>    http://filext.com/alphalist.php?extstart=%5EA
>>

> BTW...someone beat you to the .xxx files.  Apparently there are
> several variants:
>
>     XXX       Controlware VJ400 Digital CCTV Recording
>     XXX       Compucon/Singer PSW Embroidery Design File
>     XXX       Paint Shop Photo Album Panorama (Corel Corporation)
>
> No mention of brass poles, vibrating utility units, or fishing nets.
> Flesh tones and interesting, um, clothing, maybe.

Haha. You explore too much. :-)

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
  5:00am  up 33 days 12:03,  8 users,  load average: 1.64, 1.04, 0.98