[News] Debian Team Strikes Back at Critics

Debian news : The Debian 4.0 review and impression post

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's an overview of the different reviews and writeups about
| Debian 4.0 (Etch) - so far stories from Digital Realms, Softpedia,
| Lunapark6, Linux-magazin (DE), Linux.com and screenshots at
| LinuxQuestions and Go2Linux. Blog overview at LinuxWatch.
`----

http://debian-news.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2424

A Debian developer's thoughts on the state of Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems to me that all of these dissatisfactions somehow descend
| from a fundamental misconception of Debian's nature, purpose and
| mission. Debian cannot be something which it fundamentally is not.
| Debian would be foolish to try.

Related:

Debian 4.0 (Etch) [Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| Pro's :
| For a Debian release - Etch comes with cutting edge software
| Etch feels very fast
| APT is still the fastest and most reliable package manager around
| Security & Stability is second to none
|
| Con's :
| There are more friendly distro's for the first time Linux user.
| Renaming Firefox as "Iceweasel" was just lame.
| Gnome 2.14 comes installed by default - rather than Gnome 2.16
`----

http://lunapark6.com/debian-40-etch.html

Goodbye etch, hello lenny

,----[ Quote ]