Re: [News] Get the Latest Windows, Get ~1000 Almost-working Applications

[snips]

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:39:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> Choose GNU/Linux because it has far more applications.
>>
>> No kidding.  What's Debian up to now, something like 13,000 packages?
>>
>> Meanwhile, there's Vista.  Safer?  Sure - if you can't run apps on it,
>> it's hard to compromise the apps. :)
>
> I beg to differ. The consequence is that many third-party applications will
> die and be replaced by Microsoft (preinstalled or not) applications. And you
> know what _that_ means...

Even safer, because MS ultimately doesn't have a lot of apps, and the ones
they do have are a tad expensive and getting more resistant to piracy,
hence less attainable by Joe Sixpack?

Vista: the $259 OS that doesn't actually do anything.  Woot.  :)