Re: [News] Microsoft Unleashes Anti-Linux Web Venom

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Unleashes Anti-Linux Web Venom
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:54:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Verily I say unto thee, that Robert spake thusly:
> amicus_curious wrote:

>> The thought occurs that they might consider Linus to be 'Nowhere', which
>> would logically exclude it from their initiative, which is essentially
>> directed, it would seem, at Macintosh useages.

And yet Adobe don't consider Linux to be "nowhere". Neither does
RealNetworks. They spend a considerable effort developing for Linux.

Now Microsoft are supposed to be all Linux friendly, with their Novell
deal, and yet when it comes to actually supporting Linux with their
software, where are they ... nowhere. Why? Because the whole point of
"Silverlight" is not to compete with Flash, but to try to replace
interoperable software and standards with their own, to "shut down"
Linux. Just like their OOXML and .Net initiatives were completely
unnecessary initiatives designed to reinvent the wheel, for no
justifiable reason, other than to try to squeeze out ODF and Java.

If Linux is "nowhere" then why does Microsoft spend so much time, money,
and effort trying to shut it down by eliminating the software and
standards it depends on? What are they afraid of?

> spoken like a true microsoft shill.
> if you dont like linux, STAY OUT OF THIS FORUM
> you no good son of a b**ch

It's his job.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2307.fc5
 19:52:04 up 5 days,  4:03,  2 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.20, 0.23