Re: [News] Microsoft Unleashes Anti-Linux Web Venom

"[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:qbtcf4-fqu.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Verily I say unto thee, that Robert spake thusly:
>> amicus_curious wrote:
>
>>> The thought occurs that they might consider Linus to be 'Nowhere', which
>>> would logically exclude it from their initiative, which is essentially
>>> directed, it would seem, at Macintosh useages.
>
> And yet Adobe don't consider Linux to be "nowhere". Neither does
> RealNetworks. They spend a considerable effort developing for Linux.

I don't actually see that happening much.  They did, just a couple of months
ago, release a Linux compatible free flash player.  I do not believe that
they gave away the source, though.  Can you get Acrobat or any other Adobe
product for Linux?

> Now Microsoft are supposed to be all Linux friendly, with their Novell
> deal, and yet when it comes to actually supporting Linux with their
> software, where are they ... nowhere. Why? Because the whole point of
> "Silverlight" is not to compete with Flash, but to try to replace
> interoperable software and standards with their own, to "shut down"
> Linux. Just like their OOXML and .Net initiatives were completely
> unnecessary initiatives designed to reinvent the wheel, for no
> justifiable reason, other than to try to squeeze out ODF and Java.

It seems to be the case that Microsoft is selling Novell's brand of Linux
along with their own Windows software and layered products in system
application situations.  I don't know that one has to be "Linux friendly" to
use it effectively, though.  Anything for a buck it seems.

> If Linux is "nowhere" then why does Microsoft spend so much time, money,
> and effort trying to shut it down by eliminating the software and
> standards it depends on? What are they afraid of?

Do you have any evidence that such is the case?  If Microsoft tries to sell
its own stuff by adding new features and functions that require new
protocols and file formats to support it, is that against your religion?
If not, how would you be able to tell whether or not an "extended" standard
is malicious or just the natural consequence of progress?  I don't think you
can say.

In any case, how much money do you think that Microsoft might be spending in
this effort?  Remember that they have a lot of money and what seems
excessive to you might just be casual pocket change to them.

>> spoken like a true microsoft shill.
>> if you dont like linux, STAY OUT OF THIS FORUM
>> you no good son of a b**ch
>
> It's his job.

There you to again. You all seem to get some secret pleasure out of reading
the words of the same guy, but he is mistaken or misled or both and you are
following, lemming-like, behind.  Remember what is at the end of the trail.