[News] Windows Crossroad Leads to GNU/Linux, Not Vista

Linux as an alternative to Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| "A lot of money has been sunk into Linux," says Oliver Diedrich
| from c't. Companies like IBM, Novell or Red Hat are interested in
| continued development. The features created by paid developers from
| those companies do however end up flowing into Linux systems
| available to private users.
`----

http://rawstory.com/news/dpa/Linux_as_an_alternative_to_Vista_By_04142007.html

Related (from the past 2 days):

6 Reasons Why I've Switched to Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| In my quest for the ideal computing experience, Ubuntu is the winner.
| I've been switching between Windows XP, Windows Vista and Ubuntu [Feisty
| Fawn]; all in all, Ubuntu takes the cake for many reasons. If you are
| interesting in learning more about Linux then continue reading.
`----

http://www.joemanna.com/blog/6-reasons-why-ive-switched-to-ubuntu-linux/

COMPUTER CORNER: The rise of Linux in the era of Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| New versions of Linux are becoming very user-friendly and very fast
| with very large online communities to help.
`----

http://www.thepaper24-7.com/main.asp?SectionID=23&SubSectionID=22&ArticleID=9390&TM=23061.97

The Linux Desktop: Boom Or Bust?

,----[ Quote ]