Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Ex-Softie Expects Millions to Use His Web Operating System (was: [Erik Funkenbusch spins again] Ex-Softie Expects Millions to Use His Web Operating System)

  • Subject: Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Ex-Softie Expects Millions to Use His Web Operating System (was: [Erik Funkenbusch spins again] Ex-Softie Expects Millions to Use His Web Operating System)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:56:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ AB ] on Saturday 14 April 2007 17:51 \__

> On 2007-04-14, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> __/ [ AB ] on Saturday 14 April 2007 16:54 \__
>>
>>> On 2007-04-14, Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

>>> It's doubly wrong for a liar to call others liars until/unless they can
>>> take responisbility for their own lies.
>>
>> No, the subject states a fact. The complaint here is that this fact is not
>> contained in  the article which I chose to cite (what's the point
>> mentioning two articles that are almost identical in the sense that they
>> report the same news?).
>>
>> As I said before, the trolls nitpick and find any excuse now to attach
>> labels to my name. Check carefully before you take the troll's word
>> because they try to poison people's minds.
>
> I wasn't taking anything the troll had to heart. I was pointing out
> that if one accepts what the troll says as fact (which I don't),
> there's still the little problem of the troll lacking any credibility
> or moral standing when accusing others of things the troll takes no
> responsibility for doing s/h/itself.

I strongly stand by my subject line. You could go further and say that the
article I /did/ link to contains neither proof nor references. How do we
know the whole thing isn't made up? That's right. We have trust and we
assume that the reporter /studied/ the facts before writing the article.
Likewise, I read two article, gathered the facts, and posted based on what I
know. Unless what I read was inaccurate, the subject line is true. Is
suspect that the trolls try to change the English language and redefine the
word "lie". Microsoft did the same thing recently, and was harshly accused
for it. It changed the definition of "contradiction" in order to usher OOXML
(the broken 'monopoly enabler'). It also did a spin on "Vista-ready".

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
roy      pts/1                         Sat Apr 14 23:13   still logged in