Re: Linux now on AppleTV

__/ [ Maverick ] on Saturday 14 April 2007 00:12 \__

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>

>>>Remember those "Vista Capable" PCs?  And then the user buys the Vista
>>>upgrade package and it won't install.  That was what the Seattle lawsuit
>>>that was filed recently was all about.
>>

>> I did notice the "vista capable" label and did wonder
>> how a $400 PC with 512MB RAM and sucky graphics would
>> do with Aero.  I can't say I've been paying that much
>> attention to the issue.
>>

> A lot of those "Vista Capable" PCs were not able to install Vista.
> And a person did file a lawsuit against M$ concerning false advertising.
> It really is that simple when taking the general aspect of false
> advertising into account.

Microsoft has proven it is above the law. Its lawyer is not giving any
legitimacy to the claim (yesterday), so the woman won't have an easy time,
unless she can afford a lot of lawyer time. Same story in Europe... they get
people 'exhausted' in the courtroom. Remember the Gates deposition where he
wouldn't admit anything for like an hour?

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you
roy      pts/3                         Sat Apr 14 00:22   still logged in