Re: [News] Office 2007 Crashes Are a Feature, Says Microsoft

__/ [ John Locke ] on Saturday 14 April 2007 06:41 \__

>>Microsoft: Word 2007 crashes are a feature, not bug
>
> Microsoft just keeps digging itself in deeper. I would find
> Microsoft's antics humorous, except that a lot of honest hard working
> people are being affected by this companies questionable
> development policies.

Erik and others would insist that disk (filesystem) fragmentation is actually
very beneficial and that the blue screen of death actually protects the user
and/or its data. What other O/S would jeopardise one's data when a polygon
is rendered incorrectly or some unexpected TCP packet arrives? Only a very
monolithic one. When BSoD is the better choice (or inevitability), then it's
time to return to the chalkboard, then redesign.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
Tasks: 144 total,   1 running, 136 sleeping,   0 stopped,   7 zombie