Re: [News] Firm Moves to GNU/Linux on the Desktop

Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As Thad says above, the need for retraining cannot be ignored, but at
> the same time, it should not be used as a reason alone to avoid change,
> since the benefits of moving from Windows are so great that even some
> retraining is well worthwhile.

As you say, training is not a show stopper.  Pop into any major book
store with a computer section and you can see proof that there is a
huge body of Linux knowledge ready to tap into.  Most tech training
facilities now include Linux courses.  Still, as Linux continues to
grow, I see a lot of opportunity in meeting the increasing demand for
training, hence my interest in any article that touches on the
subject.  :)  I'm positioning my business to move in that direction,
and not fast enough if recent trends are any indication.

Cheers,

Thad