[News] Wikia Plans More Open Source Magazines, Wiki Use on the Rise

Wikia Unveils Four Additional Open Source 'Magazine' Sites

,----[ Quote ]
| As with our other open-source magazine sites, we hope that the
| new sites launched today continue to give people the opportunity
| to create and share information on the topics that are most
| important to them

MindTouch CEO Ken Liu: Adding a Wiki Twist to Business Sites

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source nature is not an issue. The access to changing
| posted information has to do with a company's corporate
| structure about openness with its employees.

Wikipedia Inspires Course Reading List Generator

,----[ Quote ]
| Taking cues from the structure of Wikipedia and the algorithms used
| by Google, Alexander Wissner-Gross, a Harvard Ph.D. candidate, has
| developed software to automatically create reading lists for students
| based on the subjects they're studying. He experimented with
| algorithms to find the most important pages and how they ranked
| for a given topic.

Wikipedia like search engine to use Apache Lucene - Nutch

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.indicthreads.com/news/1062/wikipedia_search_engine_apache_lucene_nutch.html