Re: PS3 Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 12 April 2007 17:44 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that BearItAll spake thusly:
>> Just wondering how PS3 and Linux were getting on, if any of you have tried
>> it.
>>
>> Google suggests that FDC and Yellowdog users are well pleased with it. So
>> assuming all the usual bits of Linux are working, how well does it
>> integrate with the gaming side? Or do you have to treat them as completely
>> different machines?
>>
>> Does the PS3 as a computer compare well with basic off the shelf PCs of
>> simmilar price?
>>
>> Basically I want a full report no less than 2000 words, with lots of
>> punctuation in it.
>
> I don't know because I don't have a PS3 since I'm saving for my new Dell
> pre-installed with Linux which I will then photograph along with the
> receipt then send along with a sworn affidavit to Uncle DooFuS as proof
> that I did indeed buy a Dell just like I promised I would despite said
> uncle DooFuS' being a born-again sceptic and world renowned fascist
> worshipped by millions of evil minions who are by definition all my
> sworn enemies and the enemies of everyone in the Free world but as I am
> an altruistic person I will humour him and his minions otherwise I'll
> never hear the end of it and we will have to endure decades and decades
> of uncle DooFuS droning on and on about the day that I said that as soon
> as Dell released a pre-installed community Linux Desktop machine I would
> indeed buy it which means that I'm a bit pre-occupied saving for my new
> Dell and anyway I don't really play games often enough to justify going
> out and buying a console even though the PS3 can also double as a
> Desktop replacement since I already have more computers than I can shake
> a very large clue-stick at plus I'm down to my last two electrical
> sockets and I was saving one for my new Dell and the other for
> recharging my mobile so if I got a PS3 I wouldn't have anywhere to plug
> it in unless I tapped into the neighbours power line which I might end
> up doing anyway because my power bill is frightening and I hear the guy
> next door spends all his time abroad so he probably wouldn't notice
> anyway and it would give me a couple extra sockets to use to expand my
> network into a supercomputer cluster that I could use to facilitate my
> two master-plans to simultaneously rid the world of evil and create a
> better recipe for doughnuts so that they stay moist longer.

Thanks for reminding me why punctuation is vital. It's almost as bad as those
Slashdot editors...

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    YaSTall Linux to figure out the magic
  1:00am  up 32 days  8:03,  7 users,  load average: 1.78, 1.94, 1.98