Re: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (etch) released

  • Subject: Re: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (etch) released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:38:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ William Poaster ] on Monday 09 April 2007 16:09 \__

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:47:22 +0100, [H]omer wrote:
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Lie.  Vista also offers a classic interface.
>>
>> WooHoo! ... somebody hold me back ;)
>>
>> Yes, thanks for reminding me about the interface that everyone except
>> "Premium" Vista users will be using.
>
> Which lead to this: There's a woman suing M$ over it's misleading labels
> on new PCs.
>
> Apparently M$ "Fista Capable" labels are being put on put on machines
> which are capable of running Fista Home Basic.....but NOT necessarily
> the Premium edition which all the bells & whistles.
> (Natch, M$ disagrees.....but what else is new.)
>
> The lawsuit is claiming that it's *misleading* to slap a logo on
> machines which *cannot* even run Flip-3D etc.
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38778
>

> I've no doubt the M$ shills, astroturfers & apologists will be along
> shortly to give their take on this.

Update: Microsoft says it has not changed the definition, as opposed to some
reports. I think they try to avoid losing this class-action suit. If they
change the wording, then it means they have /already/ deceived some people
(which they /have/, of course.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
roy      pts/0                         Wed Apr 11 09:44   still logged in