Re: [News] Google faces brain drain as wealthy workers hit stock-option anniversaries

  • Subject: Re: [News] Google faces brain drain as wealthy workers hit stock-option anniversaries
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:36:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 09 April 2007 17:27 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that AB spake thusly:
>> http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_5621472?nclick_check=1
>>
>>    Less than three years after going public, Google is confronting one
>>    of the more confounding consequences of its phenomenal success: a
>>    potential brain drain if its earliest - and richest - employees quit
>>    after earning the right to cash in the last of the stock options
>>    that made them millionaires.
>>
>>    Hundreds of the 2,300 Googlers hired before the Internet
>>    juggernaut's initial public offering in August 2004 are hitting
>>    their fourth anniversary. When they do, they'll be free to cash in
>>    the final portions of their pre-IPO options, collectively worth an
>>    estimated $2.6 billion before taxes.
>
> There is one thing that could stop those Googlers retiring early, cash
> or no cash ... boredom (speaking from experience).
>
> Of course some may opt to go independent, but why bother moving away
> from the winning team?

They are moving away from Microsoft. I'm finding more story about Microsoft
ditchers. Will post some shortly.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
roy      pts/0                         Wed Apr 11 09:44   still logged in