Re: AMD Snubs Linux

__/ [ flyer ] on Wednesday 11 April 2007 08:55 \__

> In article <2496903.di5C24CIMN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>> __/ [ flyer ] on Wednesday 11 April 2007 08:05 \__
>>
>> > In article <1490857.cmaDGS0bkJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> > newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

>> > Well can we kill them off along with winblows, and then back someone
>> > with a little judgement?
>> >
>> > Maybe it's something to start making a loud noise about -- fools who
>> > love to be screwed and thus back win.
>>
>> That's the Theo de Raadt approach (OpenBSD), which I believe is effective.
>> I was in favour of posting some unflattering blog posts, but some think
>> it's ineffective and it portrays us as a mob. That's what Carla Schroeder
>> told me anyway... nobody likes bad publicity, but who would be blamed?
>> Speaking of which, I got Slashdotted (and OSNews'ed) last night. Novell
>> got some bitch slapping and responded.
>>

> Yeah, "in the public eye" needs to be a sometimes careful walk.
>
> You got SlashDotted and OS Newsed -- meaning you got coverage there
> positively?? I hope so.
>
> Your wall of good news (dying MS, ascending Linux) is impossible to
> counter. (watch your back too) (ain't kidding).

Yes, some funny stuff has been going on recently, and it's not just me. I
think that Microsoft has become so miserable, so it's doing a 'housecleaning
crusade'. I'll keep you informed, but one of the first victims appears to be
Groklaw.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   5.5% system,   0.7% nice,  70.9% idle