Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Choose Vista, Reduce Productivity

  • Subject: Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Choose Vista, Reduce Productivity
  • From: AB <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:26:16 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-04-10, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:44:36 -0500, AB wrote:
>
>> On 2007-04-10, chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>> Erik Funkenbusch trolled:

>>> Poor Erik.  Feeling bad because everyone just tears you a new one
>>> whenever you lie?
>>
>> I don't see the lie. I saw what Erik wrote.
>
> The lie was where Roy wrote:
>
>>> On a related note, Vista still does not handle de/fragmentation
>>> automatically.
>
>> But the title I see that he changed appears to be accurate to me.
>
> This time it wasn't the title where he lied, he lied in the contents where
> he commented on Vista's defragging.

I see. Then it's OK that it might take 10x as long to do what needs to
be done as long as it can do it withut asking?

And how do you know he *knew* it could do it automatically? Doesn't it
require having knowledge to the contrary to constitue a lie?

>> Using Vista to defrag slows down everything.
>
> Whether or not that's true, it's irrelevant to the fact that Roy claimed
> Vista does handle defragging automatically.

"My aircraft won't fly because the wings keep cracking in half, the
engine always explodes, the body usually splits in two and the tail
folds up in flight. Stop lying and saying the wheels fall off!"

--
Windows: Because you have too much free time.