Re: the iPhone has no chance ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Monday 30 April 2007 18:27 \__

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2007-04-29-ballmer-ceo-forum-usat_N.htm

> translation: ??

He's very jealous and afraid.

Intel chief sings iPhone's praises

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple's iPhone is forcing a new wave of mobile device innovation
| and validates the superiority of Unix-like systems on mobile devices
| over Windows, claimed Intel chief executive Paul Otellini.
`----

http://www.mobile88.com/news/read.asp?file=/2007/3/6/20070306014323&sec=International

70 percent of smartphones use Symbian

,----[ Quote ]
| At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian.
|
| Linux accounts for 16.9 percent of the smartphone market and only
| 4.6 percent uses Microsoft Windows Mobile.
`----

http://www.dvhardware.net/article17134.html

Linux expected to be leading Smartphone OS market by 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this research by Diffusion Group, which found
| that Linux is set to become the leading Smartphone OS by 2010.
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006/12/10/linux-to-take-over-smartphone-os-market-by-2010/

FEATURE: Mobile Linux: Why it will become the dominant mobile OS

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/feature-mobile-linux-why-it-will-become-the-dominant-mobile-os/2007-01-03

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
Mem:    514480k total,   466036k used,    48444k free,    22488k buffers