Re: Micoshaft LYING About Revenues

  • Subject: Re: Micoshaft LYING About Revenues
  • From: Larry Qualig <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 Apr 2007 19:24:14 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Apr 29, 2:07 pm, John Locke <johnlocke98...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2007 07:47:26 -0700, Larry Qualig <lqua...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >On Apr 29, 2:34 am, John Locke <johnlocke98...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Exactly. They're experts at this. This company is hurting.
>
> >> Here' reality: Google 479.01   Microsoft 30.12
>
> >So you think that "share price" is somehow indicative of anything.
> >LOL!!! You really are clueless. Here's a clue... MSFT has had about a
> >dozen stock-splits in the past several years. Google has never split
> >their stock. How's this for a better indicator:
>
> >Market cap -
> >MSFT = $288 Billion
> >GOOG = $149 Billion
>
> >> Microsoft's 3rd qurater profit cliam is a smokescreen.
>
> >Riiiight. Because all of those financial analysts who are your friends
> >told you so. Riiiight.
>

> Share prices mean everything. They're an indicator of  corporate
> growth.
>
> Net caps mean nothing until you look at what the company is doing
> with the money.  - Hide quoted text -

Are you / really / this ignorant with basic financial concepts or is
this some sort of wimpy trolling attempt?

Perhaps I'm a bit naive in my belief that people have at least a basic
understanding of financial terms but evidently not. In another thread
there's one of these "well informed advocates" telling me that the SEC
lets companies simply "predict" what earnings will be down the road in
the future and then claim their future predictions as actual income in
the current quarter. Okay... at least that mistake requires basic
knowledge of GAAP but surely nobody could be so ignorant as to think
that "share price" is more relevant than market cap. Well... I guess I
was wrong because you clearly are ignorant enough to make this
statement.

Perhaps you should read Tim Smith's "pizza slice" analogy. Most
children can easily grasp ideas that are conveyed to them in terms of
pizza.

Here's a question for you. Be careful because it's real tricky.
Ready???   What would you rather have... one $100 bill or two-hundred
$10 bills? Since you think that 'share price' is more important you
would likely pick the $100 bill because it has a "share price" of $100
and the share price of the other option is only $10.

Or here's a better example. Let's look at two real companies. General
Electric Corporation (GE) and Xanadoo (XAND). You may have hear of GE
before, if not ask your mom or dad... I'm certain they have.

Xanadoo has a market cap of $27 million dollars. Rougly the size of
one very small contract for GE or what GE charges an airliner for a
jet turbine engine set.

GE has a market cap of $380 Billion dollars. Maybe you didn't cover
converting from million to billion yet in class so let me do it for
you. Xanadoo is worth $27 million. GE is worth $380,000 million.

But according to your knowledge and insight Xanadoo is doing much
better than GE. Market cap doesn't mean anything and it's ALL about
the stock price.

Xanadoo (XAND) stock price is $230/share. Poor failing stumbling GE is
only $36/share.

Thank you for making your post. Now that I know that I'm dealing with
a 6th grader I'll be sure to phrase things in a manner that even you
can understand.