[News] PC Sale Does Not Mean Vista Sale

How Microsoft pretends to flog Vista

,----[  ]
| Officially the computer goes out the door with Vista, it arrives on
| site, Vista gets blown away and our image of XP Pro is put on. MS
| still counts the box as a Vista sale however.
|
| MS is clever and pretty good at marketing even if they make a
| horribly bloated OS.

Hasta la Vista, Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago I installed the free upgrade to Windows Vista that came
| with my new PC. Yesterday, I backed up my data, reformatted my hard
| drive, and re-installed Windows XP.
`----

http://drraw.blogspot.com/2007/04/hasta-la-vista-vista.html

It's like going back to the days of Windows ME, where people /reject/ the
newer version of the software, even if it's 5-6 years newer (just 6 months
in actual development really, but most people fail to realise there was a
'development collapse' in 2005).

Related:

Dell casts doubts on Vista

,----[ Quote ]