Re: [News] Rumour: Intel and Microsoft Sabotage Production of $100 Linux Laptops

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> One Laptop Per Child - Production Delays Caused By Microsoft, Intel?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I sincerely hope that no matter what the people who are running the
> | OLPC project decide, that their project will continue and not get
> | bogged down in a play of corporate greed and ambitions.

I guess this just follows with my general dislike of "top down" linux
solutions.

Yes, we can go around like Negroponte and try and have all the rich people
fund Linux projects...or we can "petition" Dell to pre-install Linux.

But you know, I have to go back to Linus original idea of a "personal
operating system".   To me that is something that is bought, installed and
operated by the person.

We can't, should not, force feed Linux...as much as well all know its
benefits.   Linux must, will, bubble up from the people as they make their
decisions and try to make the right choices.

This is the real job of the Advocate.

--
http://you-read-it-here-first.com

Get a 3% t-shirt: