Re: Rumour: Intel and Microsoft Sabotage Production of $100 Linux Laptops

__/ [ larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 29 April 2007 22:39 \__

> I think it's more of a case of sweetening the deal.  The article
> states the OLPC will be capable of supporting Windows but that does
> not mean it will be shipped with Windows.
>
> Most Windows PCs are capable of running Linux, many new Macs are
> capable of running Windows or Linux.  Most Linux based PCs can run
> Windows.
>
> It's a marketing thing.  Offering the support does not equate to
> providing it, it just makes the administration happier that if they
> need they could fall back to Windows I figure Sugar will do great, but
> to get your foot in the door, you need to satisfy critics.

Yes, thank you. :-) That's how I understood it as well. I have been trying to
correct some false assumption on the Web and so did the guys on the OLPC
mailing list. Also see my followup to Ghost.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
 11:05pm  up 1 day  7:20,  3 users,  load average: 0.59, 0.87, 0.75