Re: [News] Linux Has GPU Parity wrt Windows

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 256MB
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Looking over the results at hand, the NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT is a
> | decent performer. However, this is under Linux. We cannot say for
> | certain how well the G86 will perform under Microsoft Windows XP
> | or Vista, but our most recent NVIDIA driver studies have shown the
> | Linux and Windows drivers are on par with one another. Thus you
> | can expect the 8500GT to perform roughly the same whether it be
> | Windows or Linux.

Nope.
The networking and hard disk performance for a windopz preloaded machine is
second rate. Also too many API calls in between servicing gaming API
calls. Your gaming experience will suck if you had
to play using a PC preloaded with any kind of microsuck software.
Stick to Linux preloaded machine and you can't go wrong.
http://www.livecdlist.com  (free games CD and DVD distros)