Re: [News] Linux Has GPU Parity wrt Windows

Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [snips]

>> Nope.
>> The networking and hard disk performance for a windopz preloaded machine is
>> second rate. Also too many API calls in between servicing gaming API
>> calls. Your gaming experience will suck if you had
>> to play using a PC preloaded with any kind of microsuck software.
>
> While that may all be true, it is also completely irrelevant to the
> point,

While all that may be true?

Are you really such a delusional moron? Have you *seen* any games running
on Windows with modern cards (both ATI and NVidia work well under MS
Windows)? No? Go and see. Here : http://www.gamespot.com

> the gist of which seems to be "The days where Linux video drivers sucked
> are ending."

They are pretty much over for NVidia. ATI have lost my custom because of it.

> It didn't even mention gaming, disks and the like; it was solely about how
> the card - and of necessity, the driver - perform.

Whats the point in having a modern card if you cant utilise their
features? Answer none. The likes of Beryl use about 3% of a modern cards
capabilities.

Yet again you are talking shit.

Gaming is one of the ONLY ways to see how a card really performs
compared to its HW spec - most of the cost and horse power of the modern
cards are for their on board 3d rendering and shading.

--
Monitor not included.