Re: [News] AmaroK Reaches Out to Other Platforms

> Amarok2 builds on Windows
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Credits go to my fellow Amarok developer Dan Meltzer, who spent the
> | last two days tweaking the source to get this running. The amazing
> | part here is that it only took two days. Basically most of Amarok
> | was already so portable that it compiled without changes. I really
> | expected it to be much more work. Shows that it pays off to use an
> | excellent cross-platform toolkit like Qt in the first place.
> `----
>
> http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/374-Amarok2-builds-on-Windows.html
>
> This will help people use more Linux/FLOSS applications before jumping over
> to the Linux universe. Just like Firefox and OpenOffice...

A phrase just occurred to me: Linux by the back door.

Or more likely just *FOSS*, initially at least.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 06:12:00 up 11 days,  3:44,  3 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.45, 0.41