[News] Microsoft Tries to 'Kill' Google, Developers Shun Internet Explorer

Analysts: Microsoft is gunning for Google

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite reports to the contrary, Google isn't going after Microsoft
| as much as Microsoft is gunning for Google, he said.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/itmanagement/0,1000000308,39286857,00.htm

RapidWeaver Rant: Internet Explorer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.nikfletcher.com/index_files/i-e-i-hate-i-e.php

`----

http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02991.pdf

A few years before that, Microsoft identified the possible rise of Web-based
applications (like those which Google thrives in). Then, it decided to
'kill' Netscape and leave some broken browser abound. IE is still the same
dinosaur that's intended to make it hard for us to bring Web-based apps to
those who don't use a proper Web browser. This helps Microsoft's cash cows
(desktop applications).