Re: [OT] Major Vista Update Planned

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:06:44 +0100
<6253466.PCoEBli2uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 16:58 \__
>
>> thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>>  These include:
>>>
>>> - Reduced RAM requirements and improved speed and stability.
>>>
>>> - Support for a much wider range of hardware, including
>>>
>>> - A new security architecture that makes Windows invulnerable

Must...contain...mirth....outburst...

>>> - Additional user interface enhancements, including the
>>>
>>> - Huge improvements to the Windows Update system, extending
>>
>> This is hilarious.
>>
>> These are not "fixes" -- these are primary design considerations that
>> would have been part of any project plan when they launched Vista's
>> development more than 7 years ago!
>>
>> This is like the kid who had a week to prepare his school paper, and
>> then wrote it up the night before.
>>
>> Now he wants to "fix" it.
>>
>> Too late...the ship has left the port.
>>
>> Linux wins.
>
> Microsoft also said that Vista would be the most secure OS ever.

Well, it's arguably the most secure Microsoft OS ever --
which is about like saying that a certain model of the
Trabant is the most luxurious Trabant ever.  But never
mind that, how fast did you want to go today?

> They said
> they had 6000 (?) drivers and that Vista would be the ultimate gaming OS
> (almost nothing would run). I think this whole thing is just PR and should
> be treated as such.

Microsoft Windows.  Where the PR comes bundled in.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because life's too short for a buggy OS.