Re: [OT] Major Vista Update Planned

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 16:58 \__

> thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>  These include:
>>
>> - Reduced RAM requirements and improved speed and stability.
>>
>> - Support for a much wider range of hardware, including
>>
>> - A new security architecture that makes Windows invulnerable
>>
>> - Additional user interface enhancements, including the
>>
>> - Huge improvements to the Windows Update system, extending
>
> This is hilarious.
>
> These are not "fixes" -- these are primary design considerations that
> would have been part of any project plan when they launched Vista's
> development more than 7 years ago!
>
> This is like the kid who had a week to prepare his school paper, and
> then wrote it up the night before.
>
> Now he wants to "fix" it.
>
> Too late...the ship has left the port.
>
> Linux wins.

Microsoft also said that Vista would be the most secure OS ever. They said
they had 6000 (?) drivers and that Vista would be the ultimate gaming OS
(almost nothing would run). I think this whole thing is just PR and should
be treated as such.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
  7:05pm  up 10 days 18:33,  4 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.78, 0.52